Magic: the Gathering - Ultra PRO DD Boxes
Ultra PRO Collectibles - Magic: The Gathering Speed vs. Cunning Duel Deck boxes!
Features 1 large Duel Deck Box with 2 Top Loading Deck Boxes and 1 Matching Divider per Deck box
Racing across the blazing steppe, the wave of attackers crests the barren hills. Nothing can stop their reckless advance. These warriors live fast, fight hard, and strike terror into the hearts of those in their path. The scarred countryside seems abandoned. Then, suddenly, hidden fighters spring from ambush. The overconfident enemy recoils in surprise, outflanked and outsmarted. Who will prevail, the swift or the sly?
It took a little while.
Just to clarify because people have been getting this incorrect from what was said at the panel. The cycle of legendary creatures from Commander 2014 is a collection of past characters that people have been asking for in card form. The cycle of planeswalkers are not necessarily all famous characters from the past (although as Teferi demonstrates some might be).
Magic: the Gathering - Duel Decks’ Anthology
Announced during the MTG Panel at SDCC 2014 - This new product which is to be expected to be released on or about December 12, 2014. Duel Decks’ Anthology is to be a compilation set that combines the first four Duel Decks all provided with the new card frames. Now the big question is on many gamer’s minds is exactly what is meant by ‘combined’. To many, this means all eight 60-card theme decks (or 480 cards) from each of the Duel Decks in one product :
• Elves vs. Goblins (2007)
• Jace vs. Chandra (2008)
• Divine vs. Demonic (2009)
• Garruk vs. Liliana (2009)
Dull discussion on the MTG Realm bloggy : http://mtg-realm.blogspot.ca/2014/07/duel-decks-anthology.html
The Khans of Tarkir teaser video definitely has me excited for more!
Sombody asked me if it was possible to “go infinite” with the new Teferi (C14) and The Chain Veil (M15). Here’s the way I’ve found to do it. I’m sure there are others.
- Teferi. We’ll use his -1 to untap the Chain Veil and our mana sources.
- The Chain Veil. We’ll use this to re-use Teferi.
- Mana Rocks. We’ll need the ability to make at least 9 mana with three permanents or fewer. At least one of that mana needs to be blue. (Three copies of something that taps for 3 of anything, like Gilded Lotus, is one way to do this; one permanent that taps for a lot like Tolarian Academy is another. Just remember that we need to make blue mana for Viral Drake.)
- Viral Drake. Spending Mana to proliferate lets us put more counters on Teferi so he won’t die. (Somebody suggested Ajani Steadfast, but Ajani would die himself after several activations, so he doesn’t let us go infinite.)
How it works:
- Tap your Gilded Lotuses (or what have you) for mana. Name blue for at least one of the Lotuses; the color for the others doesn’t matter.
- Activate Teferi’s -1 ability. Target the three Gilded Lotuses and The Chain Veil.
- Activate The Chain Veil. You now have 5 mana left in your pool.
- Activate Viral Drake’s ability to proliferate, putting an additional loyalty counter on Teferi. You now have 1 mana left in your pool.
Each time you repeat will net you one extra mana. Loop any number of times for essentially limitless mana.
The council was very much consulted.
Something important to consider concerning Teferi and the rest of the commanderwalkers
Commandwalkers? They have a name now.
I was kinda hoping it would be just Teferi so that he’d be something special. I hope they, at least, don’t do a rules change to make all PWs into CWs.
That’s not going to happen. According to MaRo:
"No, this cycle specifically has text on them that says they can be Commanders. No rules are changing." (Source)